- RSS Channel Showcase 5173260
- RSS Channel Showcase 5495462
- RSS Channel Showcase 1773526
- RSS Channel Showcase 4652518
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/15--10:12: _Fact check: Republi...
- 10/29/15--10:36: _House GOP, eager to...
- 11/11/15--14:12: _In fourth Republica...
- 11/20/15--22:05: _Caucuses with older...
- 11/20/15--22:05: _Republicans fail to...
- 03/11/16--16:15: _Trump has ‘had enou...
- 03/14/16--11:24: _Kasich, Trump out f...
- 03/16/16--11:38: _Utah GOP debate can...
- 03/17/16--13:49: _Former Utah governo...
- 03/21/16--11:30: _Mormon voters disda...
- 03/23/16--12:36: _After a hectic cauc...
- 05/03/16--17:54: _Cruz drops out of G...
- 05/05/16--07:50: _Opinion Outpost May 3
- 05/06/16--08:46: _Former Sen. Robert ...
- 05/17/16--11:00: _Allegations of bias...
- 09/01/16--14:02: _Mike Pence visits U...
- 11/28/16--08:24: _BYU professor argue...
- 06/23/17--09:54: _Senate announces re...
- 09/17/15--10:12: Fact check: Republican debate features a few inflated claims
- 10/29/15--10:36: House GOP, eager to mend wounds, elects Ryan as new speaker
- 11/11/15--14:12: In fourth Republican debate, clear policy divisions emerge
- 11/20/15--22:05: Republicans fail to undo “Count My Vote” this session
- 03/11/16--16:15: Trump has ‘had enough’ debates, might bypass SLC debate
- 03/14/16--11:24: Kasich, Trump out for Utah GOP debate
- 03/16/16--11:38: Utah GOP debate cancelled after Kasich, Trump cancel
- 03/17/16--13:49: Former Utah governor Leavitt endorses Kasich, joins leadership team
- 03/21/16--11:30: Mormon voters disdain Trump; Trump Jr. doesn’t get why
- 03/23/16--12:36: After a hectic caucus night, Dems say state should run vote
- 05/03/16--17:54: Cruz drops out of GOP primary after Indiana loss to Trump
- 05/05/16--07:50: Opinion Outpost May 3
- 05/06/16--08:46: Former Sen. Robert Bennett remembered
- 05/17/16--11:00: Allegations of bias raise questions about Facebook’s news role
- 09/01/16--14:02: Mike Pence visits Utah amid GOP division
- 11/28/16--08:24: BYU professor argues Saturday Night Live not censored
- 06/23/17--09:54: Senate announces revised health care bill
WASHINGTON — Viewers of the second Republican presidential debate heard inflated claims about Planned Parenthood abortion practices and the risks of vaccines, as well as a dubious assertion by Donald Trump that he wasn’t interested in establishing casinos in Florida back in Jeb Bush’s days as a candidate for governor. Some of the claims in…
Splintered House Republicans elected Rep. Paul Ryan to be the chamber's 54th speaker on Thursday, turning to the youthful but battle-tested Wisconsin lawmaker to mend the party's self-inflicted wounds and help woo voters in next year's elections.
The leading Republican presidential candidates clashed last night over immigration policy, military spending and other emotional issues, showing the party’s fault line between rigid conservatism and mainstream practicality.
By Ryan Joyner Only 13 out of fewer than 200 registered voters attended section 109 of the Greater Salt Lake precinct during the Republican Caucuses held in March. This low number that was reflective of the majority of the precincts sections. The small group was lead by Lari Kleinman who started off by reading GOP…
by Chris Larson Capital West News SALT LAKE CITY –The fight over Count My vote is all but finished for this legislative cycle. But the final word on the matter is still very much up in the air. “I suspect, knowing delegates the way I do, we haven’t heard the end of this,” Rep. Scott…
Donald Trump says he has no interest in the Republican debate that Salt Lake City is expecting to host on March 21.
If he backs out, some speculate that the debate won't happen at all.
Fox News Channel announced Monday that thier fourth GOP presidential primary debate will be held Monday, March 21 at the the Salt Palace Convention Center at 7 p.m.
The Utah GOP debate was cancelled after only one eligible candidate was left as a possible participant.
Fox News Channel made the announcement Wednesday that Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump and John Kasich would not participate.
Former Utah governor Mike Leavitt endorsed GOP presidential candidate and Ohio governor John Kasich and joined the "Kasich for America" leadership team on Thursday.
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have proven to be difficult for Donald Trump to sway, but his son says there's more in common with Donald Trump "than with any other candidate."
After Utah voters waited in long lines and caucus sites ran out of ballots, Democrats are calling on state lawmakers to fund a primary instead of relying on political parties to run the voting.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz abruptly ended his presidential campaign Tuesday night after falling to Donald Trump in Indiana’s primary, a devastating loss that left him with no viable path to the Republican nomination. Trump, considered a fringe candidate a year ago, now is poised to represent Republicans in the fall presidential campaign. […]
News sources around the country share their opinions on the transgender public bathroom debate and GOP politics/Donald Trump in this week’s Opinion Outpost.
Former U.S. Sen. Robert Bennett, 82 years old, died Wednesday, May 4, after suffering complications due to pancreatic cancer and a recent stroke. Two separate viewings will be held in Salt Lake City. The first is Saturday, May 13, at Larkin Mortuary, 260 East South Temple from 6-8 p.m. The second will take place on Saturday, […]
Former Facebook journalists/employees released information via Gizmodo on Monday, May 10, about the Trending Topics section on Facebook, saying that journalists "inject" topics that weren't necessarily trending and were discouraged from posting conservative news.
Republican vice presidential candidate Mike Pence visited Salt Lake City on Thursday to speak at the Utah Solutions Summit prior to a campaign fundraiser in hopes of gaining support from Utah politicians. But it seems not all of them are quite ready to jump on the Trump train.
WRAL-TV, a local television station in Raleigh, North Carolina, censored nine different parts of a Saturday Night Live episode hosted by Dave Chappelle, according to Complex.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced the Senate plan for the Obamacare reform, which would cut Medicaid, end penalties for people not buying insurance and get rid of tax increases.